Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday Tid Bits 04/22/14

Jude

- Jude’s Mexican heritage is manifesting itself in his new favorite foods: black beans and guacamole! When feeding it to him, he isn’t satisfied unless he’s got a good amount of it in his mouth at all times.

- Jude had his first visit from a very cute Easter bunny (aka Grandpa Fender). Somehow grandpa got a hold of a head-to-toe Easter bunny suit. When he came down the hall in the suit Jude just studied him for a while and then gave his big bunny face a nice little stroke and smiled. He must be too little to know that such things can be possibly terrifying.  


As cheesy and posed as this picture may seem, this is real life. It's safe to say the kid is loved. And his mamma LOVES that. :)


- He is finally sleeping through the night better after a couple of uncharacteristic, rocky weeks. It just took his parents being more stubborn then him and letting him cry it out until he fell back asleep. Which is hard yes, but what’s even harder is being an exhausted parent (well, more exhausted then usual I guess). 

Arianna and Michael

- Michael dressed up as a Nephite from the Book of Mormon for a presentation in the Primary on Sunday. In character (and not to mention a skirt, OK, loincloth) he gave an account of the Savior. He was a big hit and had to wander around the Church full of people in their Easter-best for the next hour and a half looking like a Native American. However, I think he has reached a whole new level of coolness with the 11 year-old boys he teaches in Sunday school.

- We have a pet goose that lives and nests on top of our carport every spring. Her name, according to Michael, is Gooseman and according to Michael she is Mexican because of coarse that is where she migrates from (he’s just making stuff up). We say "hi" to her every time we get into our car and yesterday her ducklings hatched. What a cute little nature scene we have from outside our top bedroom window! 

- We took the opportunity a couple times this week to “salsa dance” as a family in the kitchen. It was of coarse our own interpretation and completely goofy and I am surprised nobody ended up injured. When Michael and I are old and all the kids are out of the house maybe we will be one of those funny couples who go Latin dancing every weekend at Club Ol’ Fart. I hope so. J

- I planted my “garden” on Saturday. I am going for an English garden-feel this year. As much as you can make a 12x4 foot space feel English-garden-y.  The inspiration is probably thanks to my BBC English films I’ve been watching as I feed Jude. I’ve never been really into chick-flicks but boy do I get embarrassingly giggly when I watch a good Jane Austen novel film. Anyways, hollyhocks have always been a favorite so, hollyhocks it is! Loved getting dirty. As dirty as you can get in a 12x4 foot space. ;)


It was also my birthday and I got totally spoiled.  My husband and dad surprised me with a shopping spree which I had at J Crew (my new favorite). I bought this tunic and several other things I really needed to be more age/mommy appropriate. 
As we say at our house, "Happy Easters" (for those of you who don't get the reference,  consider spending some time with our dear friend Nacho Libre).

No comments:

Post a Comment