Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday Tid Bits 04/15/14

Jude

- Had his first zoo trip. His favorites were the monkeys, which is very appropriate because he looks like a little monkey himself and has lately been just as busy as one. He gets in moods where he will wiggle just to wiggle, a great workout for anyone trying to hold him.

- Started playing the game where if you do something like shake your head he will go back and forth imitating you.  

- Was a celebrity at church as always. 


- LOVES his snuggle and play time with Grandma and Grandpa Fender. And I LOVE to be a spectator!  It’s so rewarding as a mother to see my child build a relationship with my parents. 

              
            I can't upload all my pictures/videos from my camera so we only have those from my not-so-nice phone right now.



Arianna & Michael
- Discovered the perfect date for moms and dads who aren’t up to going out for date night and are more in the mood for just hanging out in bed. Michael and I got onto Google Earth and gave each other tours of some of our favorite places we have traveled. Google Earth is so cool because you can quite literally walk the streets of wherever in the world you want and snuggle your husband all the while! He showed me some of his favorite and not-so-favorite places he served his mission giving commentary like, “And that was THE BEST pizza restaurant, we would go there all the time!”

I showed him my favorite spots in New England including Sleepy Hollow, NJ where my mother and I wondered an old cemetery on a perfectly foggy and spooky fall day. We also walked the streets that my little brother is currently roaming in Fukuoka Japan. Afterwards we felt like we had gone on a mini trip and had come to know each other and the things we had experienced before “us” a lot better.

- Michael got awarded Employee of the Month. He works at a large health care facility as the HR Manager. He gets nominated all the time but because he is in charge of giving the award in the staff meeting he never chooses himself. So this time around they surprised him by making him read a sheet of facts like, ‘This person is always kind and optimistic and has a genuine concern for others etc.”, thinking he was describing someone else. After he was done they told him that it was him. 

Less then 6 months into his employment with Rocky Mountain Care he received the Legendary Employee Award, which is only given annually. My man is on fire!
 
-
We had a great weekend together which involved exploring an old cemetery in SLC complete with spooky crypts and deer snuggled up against head stones, driving through our dream neighborhoods and choosing our favorite old houses, and going on sunshiny walks. 

-   - Michael made Jude and I animal pancakes like my daddy used to do for me on Saturday mornings growing up. Here is his rendition of a giraffe. :)








1 comment:

  1. Jude is a cutie! And I love the pancake and date ideas! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete