Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tuesday Tid Bits 07.05.14


(The past weekish, not in chronological order)


We made it to San Diego!


Our big, beautiful Mevs family. The first time since 2004 that all 8 of the Mevs kids have been together. I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!
Cousin Karen giving kisses
Papa Mevs
Jude's Abuelita and cousin 






Aunt McCae
Aunt Naomi
- When Jude wants my attention he will scoot his little self right over to where I am standing and pat my feet while looking up at me with his big brown eyes. It is fail proof in getting me to pick him up.

-Jude went to his first carnival with Grandpa Fender and looked so cute on top of his carousel horse. Michael and I hadn’t been on a carnival ride in awhile so decided we should while we were there. Well, there was a reason we haven’t been on one in awhile! Our bodies can’t take the type of brain rattling that it used to. haha The nice toothless man that worked the ride got a hoot out of watching us hold on to our dear lives for what seemed like far too long. AlI I could see was that man’s smiling face as we shot back and forth just a few inches from it. Everything else was a blur. And so was the rest of our night because it rattled something loose in our heads.

- Jude had his first plane ride. I was a nervous mom (probably more then I needed to be) about his ears. We put essential oils behind his ears, creating a fantastic aroma for the entire plane I am confident, and made sure he was sucking on something during take off and landing. He did fantastic and quickly fell asleep so I got to snuggle him for an hour and a half while reading my newest 18th century novel. And can I just say how fantastic an hour and a half is vs 12 hours of driving through the middle of nowhere? Woohoo!


-Jude got to meet his Tia Sam who just returned from a mission to Florida and is having a great time with his cousins, whom I have to snag and squeeze really good frequently because their squeezability level is definitely higher then the average child’s.


- Last weekend Michael and I stayed up until 3 a.m. having laughing fits about silly things as we watched shows in bed. At 1:00 we decided we were hungry so Michael made us what I am going to call gourmet Top Ramen. Unlike most men, he is pretty high maintenance when it comes to food. He is always very happy with whatever I make and supportive of all my efforts in the kitchen but there is no such thing as a quick fix with him. He takes the time to make every meal as good as it can be, cutting no corners. So even at 1 a.m. he took the time to transform a 20 cent Top Romen into a restaurant worthy meal. Yum! All I know is that it involved eggs, lemon, cilantro, and some green onions. Michael is also rather modest but he ran out in his underwear to pick the cilantro for our gourmet Top Roman in our backyard. Haha Watching him dash through the yard and back in the house made me giggle a lot. 


- We celebrated Mike's 29th (29th?!) birthday today. I decorated the Mevs house in Star Wars decor, his mamma fed him really good (Mexican- yummm), and we were able to go to the San Diego temple and lunch on the La Jolla coast, baby-less thanks to our sister Jess. One of his gifts is a night at the movies with his brothers. Mike LOVES the movies but ever since little Jude he hasn't been able to go very often at all. So he is off for a fun night tonight. I think everyone knows that I am crazy about that guy. Kind of convinced he is as perfect as they come.









So remember this picture?


Things aren't any different in San Diego. :) Spoiled boy!


- We are currently loving our time with our San Diego family. I am seriously the luckiest girl ever to have married into this family and love them like crazy. They are so sweet to me. 


One of our most-visited San Diego restaurants; Onamis. 
This is a common sleeping position for Jude lately. I think he looks like a Bollywood dancer. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment