Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday Tid Bits 06.24.14


Every little boy needs overalls! 
Jude sporting a traditional Middle Eastern head piece. Not really, it's just part of his play mat. :)
- Jude gives little forehead bonks as a sign of affection. He tilts his head foreword until you’re eye to eye and looks up at you with a grin. And then you melt from overexposure to sheer cuteness.

- He has what we call his “angry words”. His usual babbling consists of lots of “mammas”, “daddas”, and other rounded vowel sounding words. However, when he becomes upset, his word choice becomes much more specific sounding and clearly exasperated. For example, “Mingey, ta, ta ta!” I am sorry to say that in those moments when his angry words come out we don’t take him nearly as serious as he probably would like us to because again, it’s too much cuteness for us to handle.

- Jude enjoys table food far better then baby food. He wants whatever the big people are eating. The past few days he has eaten red pepper, green pepper, onion, broccoli, corn, kidney beans, cucumber, tomato, carrots, potatoes, noodles, whole wheat chips and tortillas and lots, lots more.
Snackin' on some strawberries, chicken, and yellow pepper. 

- He is currently getting 4 teeth in that we can see the tips of and I am sure there are others working their way down and out. Poor bubba.


- I walked back into his room the other day after briefly leaving to use the restroom and could not see him. Then I noticed his little socked feet under the crib. The kid is starting to move really fast!
Can you spy Jude?
Here is a hint. :)
- I think he is deciding that tummy is the way to go when he sleeps. I checked in on him yesterday early morning and found him in stinkbug position. J




- Michael of coarse celebrated his first Father’s Day. Amongst other gifts and festivities of the day I awarded him with his first Father’s Day ties. We gave Grandpa Fender and Grandpa Mevs “Grandpa Brag Books”. They are little 2x3 books with pictures of their grandchild(ren) they can keep in their wallet and show off to the inevitably interested people they come in contact with. J

The "Grandpa Brag Books"
- We were both excited for the downtown farmers market to start. What a blast! So many fun things and people. We bought Jude a little sailboat that we can take to one of the many parks with ponds around us and sail with him when he is a bit older (for now it just looks darling in his room). Now we just need to adopt a mouse named Stewart and we are set. :) We were able to visit with a good friend who was selling his art there and look at all his beautiful things. I love farmer’s markets. My mother was in charge of this same one when I was a little girl and I have memories of helping her store things in an old storage unit across the street covered with a big mural. 
Of all the nice places my parent's home has to sit, for some reason this little section of carpet is always a favorite hang out spot. I have many memories spending time here with my brother and talking until really late after I got home from my high school social whatevers. 
- Uncle Henry turned Old Fart over the weekend (50:). He hates birthdays, doesn’t like the attention. He has always been a good uncle to me and would smash anyone into the ground (Polynesian style) if they messed with his family; I consider him a great asset to our family. ;) His mother actually died in childbirth with him in Samoa and his father I believe was sent away back to Tonga so his grandmother took him home from the hospital. He was premature so she carried him home in a shoebox and fed him chicken broth. What a story! 


Great Grandpa Judy
We are a happy bunch and getting excited for the return of our sister missionary, Samantha in two weeks (wish I could say the same for my baby brother). San Diego here we come! Everyone send me Good Mamma Vibes because traveling with a baby takes skill and good planning!



No comments:

Post a Comment