Thursday, August 29, 2013

My DIY Nursery

When I found out we were expecting I couldn’t help but daydream of what I would make the nursery look like if we had a little girl. And by the time I was laying on the doctor’s table with the warm jelly on my tummy, about to find out what gender our little peanut was, all the baby girl nursery details had been solidified in my mind and I had a perfect vision of pretty periwinkles and pinks. 

 But it wasn't a girl, it was a boy. And of course I was ecstatic but my dreams of girly and froofy decorating adventures would need to wait until some other day. So what do you do with a boy’s nursery? Pick up some baseball and soccer plastered wallpaper and call it good? I was determined this was not the answer and creativity and fun could still be mine for the taking in creating a space I loved.

 I discovered decorating for a little boy CAN be fun. So here is what I came up with. 90% of this nursery was DIY (working with a small budget) and with the next several posts I will show how I did it.





No comments:

Post a Comment